The Don’t mess with Texas Trash-Off serves as Texas’ signature event for the Great American Cleanup, the nation’s largest community improvement program, held annually from March 1 through May 31.
The Don’t mess with Texas Trash-Off is part of the partnership between Keep Texas Beautiful and the Texas Department of Transportation. Participants can receive trash bags, volunteer giveaways, promotional items, and more.
Start organizing your group or company and plan for a day of cleaning. Other days may be selected from March to May. Contact Cathy at email@example.com to tell us what you are interested in cleaning up in Carrollton. Areas will be assigned based on interest.
WHAT CAN I DO TO PARTICIPATE?
1) Organize your HOA, Neighbors, Scout Troops, Friends to clean up your streets, parks, or a house that needs some TLC. Supplies will be provided by Keep Carrollton Beautiful
2) Clean out your garage/office/home and bring us all of your old electronics for ECYCLING. Details below on drop off location. Commercial donations are welcome. Do not have to be a resident of Carrollton.
3) Identify a heavy graffiti –ridden area and paint over it with supplies provided by Keep Carrollton Beautiful. (We need some advance notice to get you paint supplies)
4) Organize a craft party with kids and have them make things from recyclable things such as water bottles, egg crates, toilet paper rolls, etc. Need ideas….just Google it and you find millions of ideas. Post your picture on Keep Carrollton Beautiful‘s facebook and you might win a prize or get featured in the newspaper.
5) Look for yards that use Smartscaping plants and nominate them for the Yard of the Month. We will feature them on our website and enter them to local newspaper.
6) Start saving batteries, light bulbs, plastic bags and recycle them at area stores like Lowe’s, Wal-Mart, and most grocery stores. Look for details for our plastic recycling event.
What’s Available: We will provide garbage bags, gloves, pickers for clean up events. Bring all electronics to recycle and save our landfills. Come by and sign up for our email list and we will give you a reusable grocery bag while supplies last. Location will be announced soon.
We will be set up on April 5th from 10:00am to 12:00 along side our ELECTRONICS EWASTE company to collect your electronics. Other groups are making arrangements to pick up slides before or after event. We are flexible – let us know your needs to set up an event.